Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm a Guest Illustrator!

How cool is that?!


The elementary school that I work at (I teach music) has asked me to come tomorrow night and teach a couple short drawing lessons for both adults and kids.  I'm so excited!

There is going to be another artist there as well, I'm not sure who yet, but she's going to be working out of a step by step book for animals.  I figured since my schooling is in Illustration, ie storytelling, it would be cool to take suggestions on what animal they would like to draw and place it in some type of storytelling image. Be it a bear in a Tu-tu tight rope walking or a sun bathing starfish!

If any of you are in the area of Fresno, come on down and join the party! It kicks off with pizza at 5:30pm and I think the sessions are like 20-25 mins. Enough to start them and if they want to finish them at home, they'll have an idea of what to draw.


I'll try to get some pictures and do a blog post after!

No comments: