Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Paperman illustration

Hey guys!

I do have something to show you that was finished up over Christmas as a commission :)

I don't know how many of you might have seen the Pixar short "The Paperman" but I've heard it's really really great.  In all reality, what Pixar short film isn't great? exactly.
One of my good friends approached me about recreating an image of the two main characters he'd found.  He and his significant other had seen the film together and instantly fell in love with it, it was sort of "their movie" so to speak.

The original image was found online and if anyone knows where I can link back to the artist, please comment or message me (I believe it was from a Tumblr account).

Anyway, this is my version of that image.  It was done in cool grey prismacolor pencils on a warm grey canson paper.  I loved the feeling of being able to take the neutral tone of the paper and add in my own darks and highlights.  It's much different from working light to dark.



Hope you guys like it!

I may do some more Disney fan art on here, I really do love drawing different characters. :)

No comments: