Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Charcoal Drawings

These are some Illos I did during school in an Anatomy for the Artist class. Super fun projects and I learned a lot about using the space of the paper.


This first piece is of a made up creature. I combined a lion, eagle, and a mustang. It was really fun doing. This was the turning point in school where I realized the impact of this creature would have been stunning if I had done it larger...like a LOT larger!



This 2nd piece is a life portrait that had to be pretty much lifesize. I love saltwater fish and creatures so of course I turned myself into a mermaid! DUH! haha! this took two sections of 2ft wide butcher paper so you can see how big it is. It's very hard to get a photograph of it, but I need to document this better. So much fun to do, it kinda makes me want to do another...



3 comments:

~S~~~~~ said...

i remember that drawing....

Jamie Meckel said...

very cool!!! ive never seen these!

Dwight said...

man, these are really cool!