Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grandma's Birthday Card

My Grandma's Birthday was this Month (tax day!) and she has practically everything she needs. What do you get a Grandma that doesn't have a birthday wish list??
You make her something :)

Grandma Loves birds, she has them all over her house on plates, pillows, figurines, etc. So I decided to create a different kind of bird that would bring her birthday wishes since I can't be there to celebrate with her.

The bird was drawn out, painted with watercolor, "india inked" with a bamboo pen and then mounted on the good paper. The top flower is a scrapbooking embellishment, the larger I traced onto an old book page and cut it out.
(these pics turned out a little grainy, sorry :/ I have bad light in my room)

Hope this little bird brought you a wish and a smile on your Birthday, Grandma!

No comments: