Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update!

Hello Everyone :)

It's been a crazy couple of months over here and this poor little blog-o-mine hasn't received the attention it's deserved. Sad Day.

A few months ago, I began studying to get a CA Insurance license for my job. (hence the lack of fun posts) After 52+ hours of said studying and cramming and STRESSING, I took the test on July 1st and PASSED!! Wahooo!
Everyone else scheduled that testing hour were so nice and we all sorta talked each other down from the stress before and after. Many of them had been there multiple times to take it (which didn't exactly calm my nerves when I heard it), one older gentleman was on his 6th attempt for the Life Insurance only test!  He unfortunately didn't pass again :( I think it had to do with the lack of studying materials he had. However, I did find out the questions presented in each test are meant to confuse and trick you, another reason I was super stressed!  But, I Passed :) and I don't have to worry about it anymore. YAY!

I've taken about 3 weeks of vacation this summer which has been great!  Living in a small town is a big change from the hustle and bustle of Orange County and I tend to feel a little cramped sometimes. It's good to get away every once in a while and see familiar faces and places.

Anyway, the purpose of this post was to give you an update on what I've been working on! oh ya! haha
Soooo, back in April, one of the blogs I follow zero2illo  started a 12 week challenge to start up your freelance art career. I couldn't start it at the time everyone on the site did because of the studying, but I'm finished now and have been doing the challenge for the last 2 weeks.  It focuses on setting up your work as a "Business" and not just trying to sell a few commissions or pretty artwork.  The main points will cover setting a specific business plan and purpose, research, portfolio pieces, websites, and marketing.  Hopefully by the time the 12 steps are completed I'll have a pretty firm direction and start to my Illustration career. :) *fingers crossed*

Other than the challenge, I've just been doodling some, painting some birthday presents, making cards, fun logos with friends. Nothing super exciting but small projects here and there.
I've also been looking into taking some animal science classes in the local Jr. Colleges.  I plan to pursue the Biomedical Illustration angle as well and in order to go that route, I need a little more education in the sciences. For now that's on the back burner until I can really get myself out there with the Children's Illustration.

This turned into a larger update than I intended! Haha Thats about it for now. I'll post some pics up of doodles probably this weekend. (hopefully) :)

Everyone have a fabulous rest of your week!! I leave you with a Cute.

No comments: